No Turning Back

Gui Boratto - Take My Breath Away (Kompakt 2009)
**********************
I’m not a huge fan of minimal techno and know nothing more than just few artists or record labels. But still The Field from Sweden and Brazilian Gui Boratto, both of German techno holy heaven Kompakt, are those names make the ticks. If digging back the year end highlights of 2007, I’m very confident you will come across those two names frequently among various music media, like Pitchfork and my rewind of course XD…《Form Here We Go Sublime》and 《Chromophobia》, from the artists respectively, were simply impressive melodic minimal techno epics. The wait isn’t long, because you can embrace Gui Boratto’s brand new effort at March 23rd 2009, or even earlier than that. I have to say 《Take My Breath Away》is another great effort, at least as good as the last one. Interestingly I do like its non-techno moment better, where (surprisingly) New Order style guitar prevails (though within seconds) and more indie electronic or IDM moments occur. Then needless to say the best piece is the only vocal track No Turning Back accompanied with that unselfconscious and comforting voice. It’s been around my headphone for days, and it gets you into ecstasy (Same thing happened to Gui’s 2007 album’s only vocal track Beautiful Life as well).

...They can say there was one different world which you just don’t understand...
...I can show you the way but I know that you’ll never be there…
...All the time all the sigh on your eyes I’ll never forget…
...All I know there’s not time there’s not life there is no turning back…

Take my breath away, coz there’s no turning back, at the age of 25 Orz …^^...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) i like him 2