Love Is A Mixtape

What is a mixtape?

A mixtape is a compilation of songs recorded in a specific order, traditionally onto a compact audio cassette. A mixtape, which usually reflects the musical tastes of its compiler, can range from a casually selected list of favorite songs, to a conceptual mix of songs linked by a theme or mood, to a highly personal statement tailored to the tape's intended recipient (From Wikipedia).

I made myself the first mixtape using my parents’ massive old style Hi-Fi system at home, when I was 16. Now looking back, really want to give a laugh about how I did it. By using the cassette machine’s live recording function, audio was recorded in real time when the CD player played songs, and I paused the tape and changed CD after each song. Can’t remember why I did it and what songs I compiled, only the sense of satisfaction and electrification left in my brain.

Nowadays, an era even compact disc diminishes, there is no room available for cassette. But it won’t be an obstacle stopping us from making personal mixtape. Well, we likely do it online then.

I have been introducing music here for a while now but rarely provide actual music for listening pleasure. So here we are.

This is my mixtape about Love, for you, who understands me:
http://yellowvolcano.muxtape.com/

这是一个会在我心爱演唱会第一排呼呼大睡的女孩,
这是一个威胁要偷偷卖掉我所有音乐收藏的女孩,
这是一个在电话旁容忍我对音乐高谈阔论的女孩,
这是一个会为猜出我播放的音乐而手舞足蹈的女孩,
这是一个在我熟睡时帮我调小音响音量的女孩,
这是一个,我耳机那一边永远牵连着的女孩。

每份音乐,都包含着创作者的特殊情感。但对于聆听者的我们,这音乐是一篇篇有声日记,铭记着我们的快乐与哀愁,淡淡地飘香。

PS: Every mixtape is unique, fulfilled with emotion and dream. So make one by yourself! (
http://muxtape.com/)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just want to give you a big smile :)

Anonymous said...

mixtape... um... so meaningful, but you're being addicted by music from various viewpoints